Lewinsville has many members and friends who participate generously in our worship services through contributions to the flower ministry. Contributions are used by Flower Committee volunteers to create appropriate floral displays for each service of worship. Typically, individuals will choose to contribute flowers for the sanctuary on a specific Sunday in honor of a special occasion or in memory of a loved one.
You may use the form below to sign up online, or you may add your name to the Flower Chart posted in St. Andrews Hall. If the date you prefer is taken, you may choose to contribute flowers for the Narthex on that date. Narthex flowers will become available and may be selected only if Sanctuary flowers for that date have been taken.
Contributions of $110 for Sanctuary flowers and $65 for an arrangement in the Narthex are suggested. Instructions for payment will be included in your confirmation email.
Following Sunday worship, the donated flowers are typically delivered to members of the congregation who are hospitalized or recuperating at home. However, a donor may certainly remove some flowers from the arrangement at the conclusion of Sunday’s services, if they so desire.
Please note that your selected date is not assured until you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail within two business days, please contact Sandy Albrecht at 703-356-7200, or by e-mail: email@example.com.
Available dates/locations are listed with a red AVAILABLE link below. Click AVAILABLE to open our online flower donation form in a new window/tab. Note that Narthex flowers will become available only if the Sanctuary is taken on that date. Please note that some Sundays require a particular color of flower, as indicated.
- October 25 (Reformation Sunday) – RED FLOWERS ONLY – AVAILABLE
- November 1 (All Saints Sunday) – WHITE FLOWERS ONLY – GREENFIELD
- November 8 (33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time) – FISK
- November 15 (34th Sunday in Ordinary Time – AVAILABLE
- November 22 (Christ the King Sunday) – AVAILABLE
- November 29 (1st Sunday of Advent) – PURPLE OR LAVENDER FLOWERS ONLY – DOUGLASS
- December 6 (2nd Sunday of Advent) – PURPLE OR LAVENDER FLOWERS ONLY – WACHTEL
- December 13 (3rd Sunday of Advent) – PURPLE OR LAVENDER FLOWERS ONLY – PHILLIPS
- December 20 (4th Sunday of Advent) – PURPLE OR LAVENDER FLOWERS ONLY – AVAILABLE
- December 24 (Christmas Eve) & December 25 (Christmas Day) – SPECIAL CHRISTMAS DECORATION FUND >>>> (This link will become active in November)
- December 27 (1st Sunday after Christmas) – Not Available