JOIN US FOR FUN AND FELLOWSHIP!
Youth Fellowship is a foundational part of the youth ministry program at Lewinsville. This is a sacred time for youth grades 7-12 to come together with their friends and peers. Everyone is welcome into a safe space that is filled with laughter, love, and exploration.
We meet every Sunday evening from 6:15-8:15 pm. Our gathering includes dinner, games, activities, and discussions. No topic is off limit as we stand in the intersection of where our faith meets everyday life.
This year, we will have a general theme of Loving Our Neighbors. This theme will focus specifically on other religions represented in our area and schools such as Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism. We will even get a chance to visit different places of worship such as Temple Rodef Shalom and the McLean Islamic Center (visit dates TBD). All middle schoolers and high schoolers are welcome!
In addition to Sunday evenings, we meet regularly our monthly youth dinner. On the first Wednesday of each month, the youth meet at 7:00 pm at a restaurant around the McLean/Tysons Corner area for a time of fellowship and food. This dinner provides space in the middle of the busy school week to relax, have fun, and provide support for each other. Some of our favorite spots are Santini’s, Chopt, and Chick-Fil-A. All middle schoolers, high schoolers, and youth advisors are welcome to attend.
ACTIVITIES this program year:
These are just a few of our activities coming up. Full details will be sent in our Monthly Youth Newsletter. You can sign up to receive it HERE
- November 24 – Members of the Worship Ministry Group will be joining us to discuss the many ways the youth of Lewinsville can participate in leading worship.
- December 4 – Youth Dinner
- December 8 – We will debrief our wonderful visits to the McLean Islamic Center and Temple Rodef Shalom. We will also come up with ideas for when the Temple Rodef Shalom group will visit Lewinsville.
- December 14 – Parents’ Day Out
- December 15 – Winter Doubt Night! Doubt Night is an important opportunity for the youth of Lewinsville to bring any question or doubt on their hearts to a dedicated and loving panel of youth advisers and pastors.
- December 22 – Summer Mission Project Bake Sale and Christmas Party @6 pm! All current youth, past youth, and youth advisors are invited to the annual Youth Christmas Party Potluck. The party will be in the chapel and will be potluck style. Each person is encouraged to bring their favorite holiday dish to pass. We will also be having a white elephant gift exchange and fun games. It is sure to be a jolly time!
- January 5 – Youth Fellowship – game night and discussion of New Year’s resolutions.
- January 8 – Youth Dinner
- January 12 – Youth Fellowship and board games.
- January 17-19 – Ski Retreat. We will be driving to Wintergreen for some fun, fellowship, and skiing. This retreat will be a highlight of the Youth Ministry program year. Ask Rev. Annamarie Groenenboom for details about registering. Registration packets are due on January 5.
- January 26 – Youth Fellowship – Annual Doubt Night.
- February 2 – Souper Bowl of Caring
- February 5 – Youth Dinner
- March 4 – Youth Dinner
- March 21 – Youth Passover Seder
- April 1 – Youth Dinner
- April 12 – Easter Balloons
- May 1 – Youth Dinner
- May 17 – Youth Sunday and End of Year Party!
- May 31 – Confirmation Sunday
- June 20-28 – Summer Mission Project
- July 9-12 – Massanetta Sprints Middle School Conference
- July 19-25 – Montreat Conference for High School Teens
Many of the families with young children in the church have been asking if there are any youth who are interested in babysitting. My answer is always “YES!” Therefore, we are putting together a babysitting list that can be handed out to families in the church who are interested in having youth babysit. If you are interested in having your name added to this list email the church office with the following information:
- Your Name
- High School graduation year
- Cell Phone/Home Phone number (wherever you want to be contacted)
- Where do you live? (not your address, but the general area. For example: Reston or Great Falls or McLean)
- Do you drive?