JOIN US FOR FUN AND FELLOWSHIP!
Youth Fellowship is a foundational part of the youth ministry program at Lewinsville. This is a sacred time for youth grades 7-12 to come together with their friends and peers. Everyone is welcome into a safe space that is filled with laughter, love, and exploration.
We meet every Sunday evening from 6:15-8:15 pm. Our gathering includes dinner, games, activities, and discussions. No topic is off limit as we stand in the intersection of where our faith meets everyday life.
This year, we will have a general theme of Loving Our Neighbors. This theme will focus specifically on other religions represented in our area and schools such as Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism. We will even get a chance to visit different places of worship such as Temple Rodef Shalom and the McLean Islamic Center (visit dates TBD). All middle schoolers and high schoolers are welcome!
In addition to Sunday evenings, we meet regularly our monthly youth dinner. On the first Wednesday of each month, the youth meet at 7:00 pm at a restaurant around the McLean/Tysons Corner area for a time of fellowship and food. This dinner provides space in the middle of the busy school week to relax, have fun, and provide support for each other. Some of our favorite spots are Santini’s, Chopt, and Chick-Fil-A. All middle schoolers, high schoolers, and youth advisors are welcome to attend.
ACTIVITIES this program year:
These are just a few of our activities coming up. Full details will be sent in our Monthly Youth Newsletter. You can sign up to receive it HERE
- September 8 – Youth Kick Off Party for youth and parents
- October 2 – Youth Dinner
- October 4-6 – All Church Retreat
- October 11/12 – Lock In / Good Samaritan Day – We will eat delicious snacks, play Catacombs throughout the whole church building, watch a movie, and enjoy fellowship together. This is an overnight event that has become a favorite of the youth ministry at Lewinsville. This year, on October 12, we will go straight from the Youth Center to the Chapel to participate in Good Samaritan Day with the Mission and Service Committee.
- October 26 – Trunk or Treat, 4:00-6:00 pm. For the second year, the Lewinsville youth will be sponsoring a car at Trunk or Treat. Last year, the Jaws themed youth car was a big success. Come to Youth Fellowship for a chance to help decide what this year’s theme will be!
- November 2 – Rise Against Hunger event
- November 3 – Halloween Party
- November 6 – Youth Dinner
- November 17 – Doubt Night, a favorite!
- December 4 – Youth Dinner
- December 14 – Parents’ Day Out
- December 22 – Summer Mission Project Bake Sale and Christmas Party!
- January 8 – Youth Dinner
- January 17-19 – Ski Retreat
- February 2 – Souper Bowl of Caring
- February 5 – Youth Dinner
- March 4 – Youth Dinner
- March 21 – Youth Passover Seder
- April 1 – Youth Dinner
- April 12 – Easter Balloons
- May 1 – Youth Dinner
- May 17 – Youth Sunday and End of Year Party!
- May 31 – Confirmation Sunday
- June 20-28 – Summer Mission Project
- July 9-12 – Massanetta Sprints Middle School Conference
- July 19-25 – Montreat Conference for High School Teens
Many of the families with young children in the church have been asking if there are any youth who are interested in babysitting. My answer is always “YES!” Therefore, we are putting together a babysitting list that can be handed out to families in the church who are interested in having youth babysit. If you are interested in having your name added to this list email the church office with the following information:
- Your Name
- High School graduation year
- Cell Phone/Home Phone number (wherever you want to be contacted)
- Where do you live? (not your address, but the general area. For example: Reston or Great Falls or McLean)
- Do you drive?