JOIN US FOR FUN AND FELLOWSHIP!
Youth Fellowship is a foundational part of the youth ministry program at Lewinsville. This is a sacred time for youth grades 7-12 to come together with their friends and peers. Though Covid-19 has prevented us from continuing to meet in person, we hope you know everyone is welcome into a safe space that is filled with laughter, love, and exploration.
Youth Fellowship meets Sunday evenings at 6 pm over Zoom. Our gathering includes games, activities, and discussions. No topic is off limit as we stand in the intersection of where our faith meets everyday life.
In addition to Sunday evenings, we will be bringing back our our monthly Youth Dinners. On the first or second Wednesday of each month, the youth meet at 6:30 pm over Zoom for a time of fellowship and food. This dinner provides space in the middle of the busy school week to relax, have fun, and provide support for each other. When we are able to meet in person, some of our favorite spots are Santini’s, Chopt, and Chick-Fil-A, but for now we invite you to bring whatever you’re making for dinner that night! All middle schoolers, high schoolers, and youth advisors are welcome to attend.
ACTIVITIES this program year:
These are just a few of our activities coming up. Full details will be sent in our Monthly Youth Newsletter. You can sign up to receive it HERE
- Sunday, August 30th – Youth Fellowship Fall Kick Off over Zoom 6 pm
- Sunday, September 6th – No Youth Fellowship, Labor Day weekend
- Wednesday, September 9th – Youth Dinner over Zoom 6:30 pm
- Sunday, September 13th – Festival Sunday gathering at Lewinsville 4:30 pm (HOOPS)
- Sunday, September 20th – Youth Fellowship over Zoom 6 pm
- Saturday, September 26th – Coffee and Convos over Zoom 9 am
- Sunday, September 27th – Youth Fellowship over Zoom 6 pm
- Sunday, October 4th – Youth Fellowship over Zoom 6 pm
- Wednesday, October 7th – Youth Dinner over Zoom 6:30 pm
- Sunday, October 11th – Gathering at Lewinsville Parking lot 4:30 pm (HOOPS)
- Sunday, October 18th – Halloween Party!
Many of the families with young children in the church have been asking if there are any youth who are interested in babysitting. My answer is always “YES!” Therefore, we are putting together a babysitting list that can be handed out to families in the church who are interested in having youth babysit. If you are interested in having your name added to this list email the church office with the following information:
- Your Name
- High School graduation year
- Cell Phone/Home Phone number (wherever you want to be contacted)
- Where do you live? (not your address, but the general area. For example: Reston or Great Falls or McLean)
- Do you drive?