JOIN US FOR FUN AND FELLOWSHIP!
Youth Fellowship is a foundational part of the youth ministry program at Lewinsville. This is a sacred time for youth grades 7-12 to come together with their friends and peers. Everyone is welcome into a safe space that is filled with laughter, love, and exploration.
We meet every Sunday evening from 6:15-8:15 pm. Our gathering includes dinner, games, activities, and discussions. No topic is off limit as we stand in the intersection of where our faith meets everyday life.
This year, we will have a general theme of Loving Our Neighbors. This theme will focus specifically on other religions represented in our area and schools such as Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism. We will even get a chance to visit different places of worship such as Temple Rodef Shalom and the McLean Islamic Center (visit dates TBD). All middle schoolers and high schoolers are welcome!
In addition to Sunday evenings, we meet regularly our monthly youth dinner. On the first Wednesday of each month, the youth meet at 7:00 pm at a restaurant around the McLean/Tysons Corner area for a time of fellowship and food. This dinner provides space in the middle of the busy school week to relax, have fun, and provide support for each other. Some of our favorite spots are Santini’s, Chopt, and Chick-Fil-A. All middle schoolers, high schoolers, and youth advisors are welcome to attend.
ACTIVITIES this program year:
These are just a few of our activities coming up. Full details will be sent in our Monthly Youth Newsletter. You can sign up to receive it HERE
- September 8 – Youth Kick Off Party for youth and parents
- October 2 – Youth Dinner
- October 4-6 – All Church Retreat
- October 11/12 – Lock In / Good Samaritan Day – On Friday, October 11, the youth of LPC will be taking over the church for an overnight adventure. We will start the night playing top golf and then come to the church for Minute 2 Win It games and Catacombs. We will finish the night with a fun movie. When we wake up on Saturday, October 12, the youth will be able to use their gifts at local mission partners by participating in Good Samaritan Day. This lock-in is sure to be a highlight of the Youth Ministry program year!
- October 20 – This month in Youth Fellowship, we will continue our exploration of other religions in preparation for our visits to the McLean Islamic Center and Temple Rodef Shalom in November. On October 20, we will learn about Islam and discuss how we can be neighbors to people who identify with other religions.
- October 26 – Trunk or Treat, 4:00-6:00 pm. For the second year, the Lewinsville youth will be sponsoring a car at Trunk or Treat. Last year, the Jaws themed youth car was a big success. Come to Youth Fellowship for a chance to help decide what this year’s theme will be!
- October 27 – We will support fellow members of the Lewinsville community by attending Bachtoberfest.
- November 2 – Rise Against Hunger event
- November 3 – Halloween Party with pumpkin carving contest!
- November 6 – Youth Dinner
- November 8 – The youth have been invited to attend a Shabbat dinner at Temple Rodef Shalom hosted by their youth group. After enjoying fellowship together, the youth groups will worship together at Temple Rodef Shalom’s Shabbat service
- November 10 – The youth will have the opportunity to meet with several leaders from the McLean Islamic Center and attend a prayer service.
- November 17 – Chopt Night! Where the middle school and high school will face off to create the best desserts for the youth advisers with some intriguing ingredients.
- November 24 – Members of the Worship Ministry Group will be joining us to discuss the many ways the youth of Lewinsville can participate in leading worship.
- December 4 – Youth Dinner
- December 14 – Parents’ Day Out
- December 22 – Summer Mission Project Bake Sale and Christmas Party!
- January 8 – Youth Dinner
- January 17-19 – Ski Retreat
- February 2 – Souper Bowl of Caring
- February 5 – Youth Dinner
- March 4 – Youth Dinner
- March 21 – Youth Passover Seder
- April 1 – Youth Dinner
- April 12 – Easter Balloons
- May 1 – Youth Dinner
- May 17 – Youth Sunday and End of Year Party!
- May 31 – Confirmation Sunday
- June 20-28 – Summer Mission Project
- July 9-12 – Massanetta Sprints Middle School Conference
- July 19-25 – Montreat Conference for High School Teens
Many of the families with young children in the church have been asking if there are any youth who are interested in babysitting. My answer is always “YES!” Therefore, we are putting together a babysitting list that can be handed out to families in the church who are interested in having youth babysit. If you are interested in having your name added to this list email the church office with the following information:
- Your Name
- High School graduation year
- Cell Phone/Home Phone number (wherever you want to be contacted)
- Where do you live? (not your address, but the general area. For example: Reston or Great Falls or McLean)
- Do you drive?