SIGN UP NOW!
Saturday, May 5 is Good Samaritan Day when we fan out into the community in service with partners at The Lewinsville Retirement Residences, Homestretch, Westgate Elementary School and SHARE to get done what needs doing at each of those locations and we get to know and serve our neighbors from 9:00 am – noon.
- Help the residents at The Lewinsville Retirement Residence with odd jobs around their apartments. Jobs might include flipping mattresses, hanging pictures, cleaning windows and screens, etc.
- Help with outdoor cleanup at Westgate Elementary School. This is a great opportunity for families of all ages!
- Help sort food and clothing donations, stock shelves, or work with clients in the food room at the SHARE food pantry. (Limit 7 people)
- Help with small repairs and painting at the Falls Church Homeless Shelter. (Limit 7 people)
Good Samaritan Day Schedule
- 8:30 am – Meet in the chapel at Lewinsville Presbyterian Church, 1724 Chain Bridge Road, McLean, for breakfast provided by the Men’s Square Christcare Group
- 9:00 am – Start working at your location
- 12:15 pm – Meet for lunch and socializing at the Lewinsville Retirement Residence (lunch cost is $7.00 per person) (Optional)
Sign up below to participate.
SIGNED UP SO FAR:
- Lewinsville Retirement Residence:
- Alan Stevens
- Westgate Elementary School:
- Karen Siple
- SHARE (limit, 7 people):
- Renie Ruehlin
- Falls Church Homeless Shelter (limit, 7 people):
- Joe Parisi