We hope all the youth of Lewinsville will attend!
Here are a few questions answered:
- When is it? We will leave in the late afternoon/evening of Friday, January 19 and return in the early afternoon on Sunday, January 21.
- How do we get there? Advisors will be driving rented vans. The goals is to travel together as one group, but we can try to accommodate schedules if needed.
- Where are we going/staying? We will be heading to Wintergreen again this year. It’s about 3 hours from McLean outside of Charlottesville. We are staying in a large rented house. We have lots of beds, but more importantly, lots of space for air mattresses/sleeping bags. Typically, the boys have slept on the floor and girls in the separate rooms.
- How do I sign up? There are 4 forms to complete in order to sign up (attached/linked):
These must be (ideally) completed and returned to Lizzy Steel by January 10.
- How much does it cost? The total price will depend on each youth’s rental needs. The base price of $150 includes lodging, most meals (does not include travel food), and snow tubing. Rental prices are determined by Wintergreen and listed on the form. All rentals will be done as a group and handled through the church.
- Do I have to ski? No! We will be spending most of the day on Saturday at the lodge and most people will ski from there, but we will set up a base camp for people to hang out/play games/take a break. It will still be fun and meaningful if you choose not to ski. We will also be snowtubing on Saturday evening.
- Can I bring friends? Hopefully. Our space will be limited to 15 youth and the Youth Ministry Committee has decided that youth from LPC will be able to register first, and then friends if space allows. This is partly why there is a deadline to sign up.
The goal is for this to be a fun and meaningful time for all youth and for everybody to feel welcomed. It is always a highlight of the year and we are looking forward to a great trip.
If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth (Lizzy) Steel.