Join us for a day of service! There are opportunities for volunteers of all ages and talents.
- Complete painting projects at The Falls Church Homeless Shelter
- Wash cars, dogs, and your little brother at Lewinsville Retirement Residence (LRR), perform landscaping work, and assist residents with small repairs and improvement projects needed in their apartments.
- Assist in the distribution of food & clothing to area residents in need at SHARE of McLean (adults only).
- Help with small projects for FACETS which may include furniture haul and office organization.
Please bring tool boxes and painting supplies and rakes and clippers and other implements of destruction.
If you are unable to volunteer for the activities at The Homeless Shelter or LRR or Facets or SHARE, please do still join us for coffee and fellowship before we head out to the work sites.
Look for the sign-up link at http://lewinsville.org
Good Samaritan Day Schedule
- 8:15AM Meet in the Lewinsville Presbyterian Church for breakfast (sponsored by Men’s Squares).
- 8:45 Head of to work sites.
- 12:30PM Return to Lewinsville for lunch and fellowship (a $10/person contribution is requested)
ABOUT OUR MISSION PARTNERS:
- FACETS serves individuals and families who are homeless, low income, unstably housed, and at-risk of homelessness in Fairfax County. http://facetscares.org
- Lewinsville Retirement Residence (LRR) (link may not work due to website maintenance) is our closest neighbor and provides independent senior living. Lewinsville Presbyterian Church has helped support LRR since 1975. http://www.thelewinsville.org/
- SHARE of McLean distributes affordable nutritious food and helps needy families in our area in other ways. It provides nearly 13,500 packages of food each month.
- Falls Church Homeless provides warm beds, meals, and counseling to the homeless during the winter months. www.fcshelter.org