Adult Education Classes @Lewinsville
Our Adult Education class offerings change regularly. CLICK HERE to see our current offerings.
Adult Education Classes in the Community
McLean Community: A Village for All Ages – Educational Programs:
mcleancenter.org – 703-790-0123
- Visit the website to learn about current class offerings under the Lifetime Learning Program.
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
olli.gmu.edu This organization is affiliated with George Mason University. They offer a number of classes for seniors in three locations in the county for a fee. Look for 2017 Catalog in the Lewinsville Library.
Fairfax County Educational/Activity Opportunities for Seniors
- Many classes are offered for Seniors by our county.
- For Adult & Community Education classes, visit fcps.edu/is/ace/index.shtml
- Many exercise and adult activities are offered by various senior centers in our area. Visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/calendar.htm to see all senior centers. The closest to our area is the Lewinsville Center. Click on the Activities Calendar next to their name.
- Fairfax County also provides Podcasts for seniors. Visit the Fairfax County Podcast page. Links to two recent podcasts are provided below:
- Fairfax 50+ Podcast: A Discussion on Fairfax Pets on Wheels Ruth Benker and Madelynn Arnold discuss how this wonderful program connects pets with people living in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Go to fairfaxpetsonnwheels.org to find out more.
- Fairfax 50+ Podcast: GrandInvolve Helps County Students Dorothy Keenan discusses how older adult volunteers are helping elementary school children through this innovative program.