Small groups are great places to get to know other people and to get to know yourself. Over time, participants build deep connections with one another, with the congregation and with God. Participating in a small group usually moves one beyond “doing church” to “being the church.” We encourage everyone here to participate in at least one of our groups regularly.
Here at Lewinsville, we have many types of groups (small and otherwise) from which to choose and we encourage everyone to participate in one or more of these groups for personal discovery and deeper friendships.
Faith Exploration Groups:
- ChristCare Groups are typical small groups who gather in various schedules for mutual care and encouragement, prayer and worship, and service to others.
- Wednesday Bible Study Group is an open group which meets every Wednesday @1:00 with the pastor to explore the sermon scriptures for the next Sunday’s service.
- Sunday Morning Adult Education Class Groups are varied and change often.
- Presbyterian Women has two Circles which meet regularly for Bible Study and fellowship.
- Youth Fellowship is for middle school students and high school students and meets every Sunday evening for dinner and fellowship.
- SUMMER MISSION PROJECT TEAM is an ever-changing group of youth, young adults and adults who go on a mission project the last week of June annually.
- GOOD SAMARITAN DAY VOLUNTEERS are a group who volunteer twice a year to help at various local community organizations. This effort is managed by the Mission & Service Ministry Group. Look for the twice-annual announcements on this website and join the fun.
- PRAYER SHAWL MINISTRY, a group of people who like to knit, is engaged in making prayer shawls and lap robes for shut-ins and those in need.
- LOCAL HABITAT PROGRAM, working with the Fairfax Interfaith Coalition for Habitat, offers volunteers an opportunity to work on building new homes or rehabbing older ones for those in need once a month.
- Second Saturday Set is a group of adults (usually 50+ in age) who meet for various activities once a month on the 2nd Saturday. This group also acts as a support group when needed for its members.
- The Adult Club is a group of adults (usually 70+) who meet about once a month for lunch after the 11:00 am service of worship.
- Senior Singles is a group who meet for lunch once a month on the 2nd Friday for various programs.
- Men’s Breakfast Group is a group of retired men who meet every other Wednesday at McLean Family Restaurant for Breakfast.
- Chancel Choir is an adult singing choir which meets every Thursday evening for rehearsals and fellowship.
- Adult Handbells and Beginning Handbells are adult handbell choirs which meets weekly for rehearsals and fellowship.
- Deacons/Stephen Ministers is a group of church leaders elected by the congregation to provide spiritual assistance and support to anyone needing a personal visit or ongoing personal support.
- Various 12-Step Programs – Lewinsville Church hosts a variety of outside groups which provide support and guidance for various issues.
- Call the church office to get connected – 703-356-7200