The Faith and Public Policy Ministry Group was formed in 2015 with a mission to:
- Examine the economic, social and spiritual implications of significant issues facing our local and global community in a non-partisan and fact-based manner.
- Enable Lewinsville Presbyterian Church members and groups to engage public policy issues as faithful Christians.
- Provide a forum for open and respectful discourse about social justice and public policy matters.
Presbyterians have a long history of involvement in the secular political order. The article entitled Presbyterians and Politics: Disturbers of Government (January 2009) explains more.
- Sign up for advocacy alerts from the Presbyterian Mission Agency Office of Public Witness (primarily federal issues)
- Sign up for advocacy alerts from the Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy (primarily state issues)
- Find out more about advocacy issues for action from the Office of Public Witness
- Contact your Elected Officials or Media here