The Faith and Public Policy Ministry Group was formed in 2015 with a mission to:
- Examine the economic, social and spiritual implications of significant issues facing our local and global community in a non-partisan and fact-based manner.
- Enable Lewinsville Presbyterian Church members and groups to engage public policy issues as faithful Christians.
- Provide a forum for open and respectful discourse about social justice and public policy matters.
Click here to read the Faith and Public Policy Ministry Group charter approved by the session on September 8, 2015.
Presbyterians have a long history of involvement in the secular political order. The article entitled Presbyterians and Politics: Disturbers of Government (January 2009) explains more.
For information, please contact Cathy Saunders or Jill Cook
- Sign up for advocacy alerts from the Presbyterian Mission Agency Office of Public Witness (primarily federal issues)
- Sign up for advocacy alerts from the Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy (primarily state issues)
- Find out more about advocacy issues for action from the Office of Public Witness
- Contact your Elected Officials or Media here